Astronomy Related Resources
Below is an abridged list of resources related to astronomy.
- The NASA site has fantastic pictures of different objects in space,
as well as a history of space exploration. NASA.gov brings you the latest news, images and videos from America's space agency, pioneering the future in space exploration, scientific discovery and aeronautics research.
Major navigation tabs include: International Space Station,
Journey to Mars, Earth, Technology, Aeronautics, Solar System and Beyond,
Education, History, Benefits to You.
- The Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) is a unique national research facility that carries out robotic space and Earth science missions. JPL helped open the Space Age by developing America's first Earth-orbiting science satellite, creating the first successful interplanetary spacecraft, and sending robotic missions to study all the planets in the solar system as well as asteroids, comets and Earth's moon. In addition to its missions, JPL developed and manages NASA's Deep Space Network, a worldwide system of antennas that communicates with interplanetary spacecraft...
- MoonConnection has details of the moon. They have apps you can download
to show the phases of the moon, as well as a lot of other information.
- Space is a source of space exploration, innovation and astronomy news, chronicling (and celebrating) humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier. We transport our visitors across the solar system and beyond through accessible, comprehensive coverage of the latest news and discoveries. For us, exploring space is as much about the journey as it is the destination. So from sky-watching guides and stunning photos of the night sky to rocket launches and breaking news of robotic probes visiting other planets, at Space.com you’ll find something amazing every day.
- This is a fantastic site for kids. The site
has videos and games, teaching about our world and the Solar System. The site provides information without being overwhelming.
- The website is as great as their magazine and is filled with astronomy news. There are a lot of articles you can read for free. They provide a great star chart that you can
print. Their archive of articles is extensive and is well worth a visit. They also provide a really nice printable star chart
- Sky and Telescope is a physical and digital magazine available to purchase, they also great website full of information. It has guides for the beginner from
Astrophotography to stargaZing. It has space related news, an interactive sky map,
and "This Week’s Sky At A Glance" to study objects
that you can expect to see on a clear night sky (the less city lights there are,
the easier it is to see these objects).
It gives information on easy to spot constellations, planets,
and the Moon phases. The Sky At A Glance will also show the moon, if it
is helpful in locating the other objects.
Copyright ©2011-2016 Sky-Masters.